This is a high-visibility role; the VB6 Developer will not only collaborate with team members internally, but will interact directly with our clients on a frequent basis – and as such, responsiveness, clear and effective communication are a must. The ability to work independently and essentially own your projects and your work are the keys to success on this role.
If you’ve worked with VB6, maybe dabbled in newer tech, and are looking for a really amazing company to be a part of…APPLY NOW!
Candidates MUST be able to work onsite in our office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. We are not looking for remote work at this time.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5+ years of relevant software development experience, has a penchant for learning new languages/ platforms/ technologies, and a hunger to evolve as a developer.
- Has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), as you will be working with our internal team, as well as some of our current and prospective clients.
- Is an analytical thinker, very organized, and is very meticulous.
- Is interested in sports, specifically American Football.
- 10+ years development with VB6 (specifically VB6, not VBA)
- Crystal Reports
- Experience upgrading VB6 to modern technologies
- Experience upgrading Crystal Reports to newer versions
- AJAX, web sockets, SignalR, SSE
- Amazon Web Services
- VB.NET; Visual Basic 6.0
- HTML5, CSS3
Just a few of the perks of working at SharpHat:
- Flexible hours
- Casual work environment
- Great team, clients, and projects
- 5 minutes from NYC
- Health and optional dental insurance
- 401K + matching
Compensation is based on experience. Please apply with your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role, and include salary history and requirements. You must be able to work in the NY Metro Area. Please do not respond if you cannot work in this location. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE. SharpHat, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position can be W2 or 1099.